Are you getting ready to pack your bags for an epic Tahiti vacation? We’ve got you covered with a list of essentials to make sure you have the best trip possible. With these essentials packed, you’ll be all set for an unforgettable Tahiti vacation. Safe travels!
- Travel documents (hotel voucher, transfer voucher, any kind of reservation you made)
- Driving license
- Health insurance documents
- Credit card(s)
- Cash in USD/Euro
2. Clothes and Accessories
- Bathing suit
- Beach dress
- Light and comfortable clothing: shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, summer clothes, etc.
- Hat or something else to cover your head
- At least one smart piece of clothing for evening meals in a luxury hotel or resort
- Flip-flops and/or sandals
- Sports shoes (for hiking and the flight)
- Sports clothes, if you plan on going hiking
- Water shoes
- Beach towel
- UV bathing shirt (or another t-shirt to wear in the ocean)
- Backpack or beach bag
- Comfortable and warm clothes for the flight
- Umbrella or rain jacket/poncho
- Snorkeling equipment
3. Other items
- Power adaptor (Type C, E needed)
- Sleeping mask
- Charger cables for your gear
- Power bank
4. Health and Beauty
- Sunscreen (high factor – we recommend factor 50)
- Mosquito repellent
- Cream against bug bites
- Medicines: painkillers,anti-nausea tablets, anti-diarrhea tablets, stomach tablets, plasters, and disinfectant
Get more information about health and medical care in Tahiti.
Particularly if you are traveling in the winter, we advise bringing a summery dress in your hand luggage. You won’t need to wear your winter clothes in Tahiti because you may change on the plane before landing there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which driving license do I need in Tahiti?
You don’t need to have an international driving license. For drivers over 21 with a current driver’s license, rental automobiles are typically offered at airports. Drivers under 25 typically needed to have major credit cards.
Tahiti may be the only viable island where renting a car is necessary due to the island’s size and the availability of circular island trips. You might decide against renting a car because of the tiny size of many islands and the distinctiveness of several circle island tours.
Where can I exchange money in Tahiti?
Tahiti, Moorea, Raiatea, Huahine, and Bora Bora are among the Society Islands that have ATMs. If you are unable to locate any, you can still obtain cash by using the cash advance service at the counter of a post office (OPT) when you produce identification.
Do I need warm clothes in Tahiti?
No, even at night, Tahiti’s temperature is not suited to long-sleeved shirts or long pants. It may be cooler in air-conditioned spaces, such as an airplane or airports.
Do I need smart clothes in Tahiti?
In the evenings, yes, if you are dining at a posh hotel or resort. You can wear whatever you like because there is no dress requirement at average restaurants.
What is the purpose of my UV bathing shirt?
You can shield yourself from the sun without using sunscreen if you wear a shirt with UV protection (or even a regular t-shirt). This is especially beneficial when snorkeling or renting a boat for an excursion.