« Back to Tahiti Travel Planning
COVID-19 – Travel Information
The Info provided below is from the official Tahiti Tourisme Website
Papeete, August 5th, 2022
– IMPORTANT UPDATE –
Entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti
In response to improving health conditions, the State and local authorities have further eased the requirements of entry into French Polynesia. See the official decree.
FOR TRAVELERS WITH A STOPOVER OR TRANSIT IN THE UNITED STATES
Travelers to French Polynesia with a stopover or transit in the United States, such as from Europe, must comply with the entry requirements of the U.S. authorities:
- Vaccinated travelers must present their proof of full vaccination schedule upon boarding;
- Unvaccinated travelers or travelers without a U.S.-compliant vaccination schedule are not allowed to travel and transit to the United States unless authorized exceptions (see Centers for Disease Control and Prevention list of exceptions) are checked by the airlines upon boarding.
As of June 12, 2022, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will no longer require air passengers (vaccinated or not) traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight.
FOR TRAVELERS DEPARTING FROM HONOLULU, LOS ANGELES, SAN FRANCISCO, SEATTLE, NOUMEA, AND AUCKLAND TO FRENCH POLYNESIA
- Travelers no longer have to complete any health formality before their arrival in The Islands of Tahiti, in France or overseas, and the presentation of the health pass/proof of full vaccination schedule is no longer required, whatever the country or area of origin;
- The compelling reason is no longer required;
- Travelers are no longer required to present a certificate of non-contamination and a commitment to perform an antigenic test or a biological examination upon arrival on the national territory (tests are no longer required);
- Unvaccinated travelers are no longer required to perform tests to travel between mainland France and French Polynesia.
REMINDER: On departure from French Polynesia, travelers must comply with their country’s entry restrictions and be tested in some cases.
REFUND OF TRAVELLERS CONTRIBUTION TO THE HEALTH SURVEILLANCE FEE
Travelers arriving in French Polynesia from Monday 28 March 2022, who have registered on the ETIS platform and have paid their fixed contribution to the health surveillance fees, may apply to “Service du Tourisme” to request reimbursement. This request can be made by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (Service du Tourisme BP 4527- 98713 Papeete TAHITI French Polynesia).
Travelers requesting a refund are requested to attach their receipted invoice (downloadable from the “manage my file” tab or from the ETIS claim receipt email) and the flight information provided by the traveler’s airline (or travel agency) to the claim.
For any other questions regarding their ETIS application, please write to email@example.com.
Source: Tahiti Tourisme
Please note that the COVID19 regulations and flight information given are subject to change and you must check with the airline prior to booking.